Monday, February 24, 2014

February 24th, 2014: How did we find out

Today is supposed to be the first day of my period after I get off my birth control, but I had a feeling that it wouldn't come; or maybe I should say that I was hoping that it wouldn't come. I have been feeling weird for a couple of weeks: first it was the excessive secretion that came out of nowhere; later came the cramps on the belly and backache to the point that I was going to faint in the school library and had to sit/lay in the bathroom waiting for one of my friends who lives nearby to bring me Tylenol; then it was nausea; but it was not until I drank an entire gallon of orange juice in two days and my breasts started hurting did I think about the possibility of me getting pregnant.

So , I took a home pregnancy test as soon as it reached the date when the prints on the pregnancy test box tells me that it could detect the pregnancy hormone (hCG for the real medical term), albeit of the low accuracy rate (somewhere around 50%). The vertical line of the positive sign kind of showed up, and I was elevated; yet hubby could not see it at all! Still, I was it as a semi-confirmation anyways, and became extra careful of whatever I was eating or doing.

After 4 days of anticipation and waiting in misery, I finally was able to take the pregnancy test again today, the first day of my supposed menstrual period, which would bump the accuracy rate up to 99%. And finally, there was the clear, blue plus sign!

I AM PREGNANT!

I am going to be a mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment